DIY Cork Stamp



I can't get enough of these cute little cork stamps. The first one I made was for logo to use on my bags for my etsy shop... a cute little birdie. After the first I kept making them every time I had a cork laying around from my wine. It is a super fun and way to customize cards, logos, even make prints to hang on your wall.
All you'll need is....
  •  a recycled cork, I find the rubber ones work best. Regular corks have cracks that can distort the design. 
  • a sharpie or something to draw the design with 
  • An Xacto knife, or box cutter
  • ink
  • and paper
Once you have your cork make sure to draw your design on the flat side so there isn't any bumps that can distort the design. Draw the desired design using a sharpie, then begin to cut making straight deep vertical cuts into the cork. After you have carved out the outline you will come in from the sides cutting horizontally as close to the  design as possible, this will cut all the excess space  making your design stand out. Continue to do this carefully in all the areas needed until only the design is left sticking up and there is enough space so that the background does not come up in the stamp. * Keep in mind only the section that sticks out will leave an impression when stamped. Any area that has been carved out will not show up... Happy Crafting!!!

Arrows
Birdie logo